the day to day of a professional actor in the San Francisco Bay Area

mostly the day to day of a professional actor in the San Francisco Bay Area, but also the home of the Counting Actors Project

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

I am not anonymous!

A few weeks ago, a directing colleague shot me an email to ask if I was (or knew) the anonymous source who sent an email to many Bay Area artistic directors with diversity statistics from local theaters.  It wasn't me, and I don't know who it was.

I have not seen a copy of this email (I sure would like to if anyone has it and can forward to countingactors (at) gmail (dot) com), so I don't want to comment on content.  I understand the impulse to share this information anonymously - an individual artist who may also be seeking work at these companies may not want to point fingers publicly.   The Guerilla Girls are a fantastic example of folks who solved this conundrum with creativity, humor and style. 

In the meantime, there's Counting Actors.  One full year now of adding up and sharing numbers from shows that myself and others have seen or worked on.  June results in the next week, so send me stats now.  Don't know what I'm talking about?  Go here to read more!

No comments:

Post a Comment