the day to day of a professional actor in the San Francisco Bay Area

mostly the day to day of a professional actor in the San Francisco Bay Area, but also the home of the Counting Actors Project

Monday, April 23, 2012

Deja Vu

Recently, I've been contacted by various indie filmmakers interested in me for their projects, but I've had to turn down the auditions because some of my warning flags were raised.  I thought I'd write a post about those flags, but wanted to check my archives to make sure I wasn't repeating myself.

And voila: Dear Low-Budget Independent Filmmaker - the post I wrote EXACTLY ONE YEAR AGO TODAY. 

The most important point to reiterate:

"What you need on set is a well-prepared actor.  If you don't let me have sides in advance, how can you assess my skills at preparing?"
 

No comments:

Post a Comment