the day to day of a professional actor in the San Francisco Bay Area

mostly the day to day of a professional actor in the San Francisco Bay Area, but also the home of the Counting Actors Project

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Cake light

There's a movie or maybe a song or a novel where a character says that the most flattering light is the light that comes from birthday cake candles.  How everyone looks beautiful when framed by cake light.

I would use a similar analogy to say that one of the most flattering situations to observe human interactions is the lobby of a high school theater after the performance.  Last night was opening night for a group of students that I worked with through my day job.  After the show, I walked out into a lobby teeming w/love, excitement, positive energy, relief, and so much joy, it was as if the entire room were filled with people holding cakes, and casting that beautiful, flattering glow in every direction.

I am so proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment