the day to day of a professional actor in the San Francisco Bay Area

mostly the day to day of a professional actor in the San Francisco Bay Area, but also the home of the Counting Actors Project

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Resources: Keeping Current

I've just finished my monthly profile/resume check.  I'm so glad I've finally got this cumbersome task in manageable shape.

Here's what I do:   I've got an automated task reminder set to come up once a month on the 20th of the month.  In that reminder, there's a list of all of the places where I've got an online profile, (8 including my website), as well as the different versions of my resume (3 acting ones, 1 teaching one, and the CV/Master List).  I go down the list, visit each profile, and make sure it's up to date - all of the credits are on the resumes, my current projects are still current, and my latest news is still the recent stuff.    Sometimes I get all 12 done in 1 sitting, sometimes it takes 2-3 days, but when I finally mark the task 'complete' it's great to know that I've got it done, and no one's looking at stale outdated info if they try to find me online.

No comments:

Post a Comment