the day to day of a professional actor in the San Francisco Bay Area

mostly the day to day of a professional actor in the San Francisco Bay Area, but also the home of the Counting Actors Project

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Resource: Monologue hunting and overdone monologues

Don't know about you, but my monologues are feeling stale, I'm not in rehearsal or production for anything, so now seems like a good time to do some looking for new monologues.

I'll be using the library to get started, of course.  But, I just found this cool website that lists overdone monologues for women, men, and Shakespeare.  It looks like a terrific resource.

1 comment:

  1. Is there a place where playwrights can post monologues for actors to use for auditions? It would help us (the playwrights) to get exposure for our new work and would help actors to find fresh material.

    (I've got several great monologues for men and women that I'd be happy to share.)

    ReplyDelete